Fox Garage Door Tips
Here are some garage door tips to help our customers to avoid injuries and bad decisions.
For more information please contact us HERE…
1. Check your garage door monthly, open and close the garage door a few times to make sure everything is working properly.
2. Always make sure you open your garage door first, or make sure it’s open all the way so you don’t run into it.
3. Before closing your garage door, make sure there isn’t anything under the garage door. It can damage the rail and cause many other damages
4. Never leave your garage door opener (clicker) in your vehicle. Someone can break in your car or home.
5. Get your garage door insulated, to make sure rodents don’t get in your home and make it their own.
6. Never go under a “moving” garage door, you can get badly injured.
7. Listen for abnormal sounds when opening and closing the garage door, it could require an immediate inspection.
8. If tried to fix the garage door on your own and didn’t succeed the first time call a professional that knows what they’re doing, you can hurt.
9. Install sensors a few inches away from the ground, if u haven’t already. If it detects motion it immediately stop.
10. Once you close the garage door take a few seconds to make sure you garage door is closed all the way.
11. Keep arms, fingers, and feet away from all the moving garage door parts.
12. If disengaging your garage door opener make sure the door is close.
13. Never attempt to repair a garage door if the cables or springs have broken. These can cause severe injury or even death since they are under a lot of tension.
14. Always keep in mind that your opener uses electricity, which can shock or kill if mishandled. So always be careful.
15. Don’t let children play with or use the transmitters or remote controls. Always keep them out of reach of children.
16. Garage doors are extremely heavy, be careful if you are trying to repair the garage door on your own.
17. Before messing with your garage door opener yourself, Its always recommended to go on line try to figure out what you could do to fix it.
19. If you see that anything is broken on the garage door, try to fix it right away, you don’t want it to damage anything else.
18. Always make sure your garage door sensors are aligned, it could always be a possibility why your garage door isn’t functioning properly.
18. For immediate assistance please call (800) 331-3758